Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pomelo Sauvignon Blanc

Pomelo Sauvignon Blanc


Yeah so I’m still having very little luck getting motivated to write anything….I am seeing a long night in my future! My mind is wandering….I’m trying to write about Chateauneuf-du-Pape and as try and think of something to say I start thinking about the area, the food how great Chateauneuf-du-Pape is with lamb, which gets me thinking about the ways people prepare lamb, that set me off into a, “I don’t like Rosemary….tastes like a mouth full of perfume or chewing on a Christmas tree branch” from there it was right to, “Oh Christmas is coming, I should start making a list”…….




I darted off to the wine fridge hoping that the introduction of a small amount of alcohol in my system may help me ignore the many distractions. I’m not eating anything right now so I wanted something with slightly softer acids….tough to find in my house but I do tend to tuck things away for times like these. I pulled things out and pushed them back in thinking they were not quite right and then I grabbed the little black screw cap wine that is now in my glass and is pleasing me to no end!




The 2007 Pomelo Sauvignon Blanc, ($8.99) produced by Mason Cellars, (fine Sauvignon Blanc producers) is light, very fresh…loaded with citrus, grapefruit and a little lemon has nice full flavor but is not mucked up by wood. I love how zippy it is on the palate but it is soft enough to just sip on and enjoy but I think it would be quite nice with simply prepared chicken or shrimp….”Hmmm what should I make for dinner?”…..think I need another glass!

No comments: