Monday, August 9, 2010

Last Night Of......

Photobucket



For a bit.



Stinks but all the "ouch" just reminds me that I am lucky enough to love my son so much that....well that it hurts a little at times. We have had an amazing visit and I can now start looking forward to picking him up at the airport in December. Those welcome homes are so much more heartwarming than the goodbyes.



Jeremy began signing all his emails with FFL way back in middle school and it is a thing that he feels tremendously committed to.....



Photobucket



It means Family, Friends, Life and these are the things that my adorable son thinks are the most important. So in these difficult moments of goodbye and see you later, these moments when I feel like my heart might just crack wide open I can think back on the time we spent and know that he has spent the past two weeks embraced by those things that mean the world to him. This, this makes all the weight that sits upon my chest so worth it. More than worth it.




Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Children- always the biggest pains and the greatest joys.

I have free Southwest tix out the wahoo, if you can wrangle the time off, give a holler, it's all yours.

No directs to Louiseville though... no pain, no gain, right?

Samantha Dugan said...

AnotherDayofCrazy,
You lovely lady have just warmed my heart more than you can possibly know. The very idea that someone, anyone out there in this "cold" internet world knows the ache and joy that comes from loving our kids as we do....amazingly unifying. Thank you.
Okay throw a big teary eyed hug in there...

Michael Hughes said...

I love the FFL. Sums up everything important.

Samantha Dugan said...

Michael,
Been his thing for years, even his text messages have FFL at the end of them. It is very sweet and very Jeremy.

Ron Washam, HMW said...

My Gorgeous Samantha,

No wonderful Hello's without tearful Goodbye's.

And I'm completely amazed you've posted a photo of your beautiful self on your blog! That's you in the middle, right? Which one is Jeremy? I'm really confused.

No, not really, But there, before my jealous eyes, are my two evil rivals, the yin and yang of your heart. Have to say, though, handsome group. No surprise you are beaming.

I love you!

Your HoseMaster

Family Daddy said...

Sam--

Nice family pickie. I have to say that we have come to know them both and you of course, so the photo comes as no surprise. It is as Jeremy says, FFL.

And, Ron, if you think that those two guys are your only competition, well, us quiet guys might have something to say about that.

Samantha Dugan said...

Ron My Love,
Trust me I thought twice...or like one hundred times before slapping a picture of my ugly mug on this post but, well it was such a sweet moment to be tucked in between those two. Just had to do it. I adore you...

Daddy,
I am just so honored two have such sweet and adorable boys in my life. Oh and you men, you are absolutely lovely....you make me smile, blush and feel humbled all the time. Lucky. I am so remarkably lucky to have you all. I adore you as well Sir Charles!

Sara Louise said...

Look at you with your two men!!! You look beautiful and oh so very happy. Love this photo :-)

Sip with Me! said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful family with us. Cheers always to family, friends and life and looking forward to what the future brings.

Samantha Dugan said...

Sara,
Oh yeah I look super cute in my Monday uniform....beer t-shirt and jeans! I truly hate pictures but the moment called for it and I felt so honored to be so sweetly loved...a moment to capture for sure.

Sip With Me,
Trust me it is always my pleasure to share, always shocked that people are interested enough to follow along. So thank you so much. To the future indeed....I too look forward to what it holds.