Friday, March 9, 2012

Touchdown In The Ville



Landed just over an hour ago, got settled into my room and while the husband fondles the in-room dinning magazine thingie trying to figure out where to grab a bite for dinner, I am nuzzling into a bottle of 2011 Moulin de Gassac Rose....hoping the fierce acidity will wash the airplane yuck off my palate. Our "Must leave a 6:00 AM" departure time has left me not only looking like utter hell, but feeling sluggish and beat to shit. But you know what, don't give a rat's ass. Going to be wrapping my arms around my son, seeing that smile that still melts me, hearing that laugh that no matter how yucky, cranky or out of sorts I might feel, turns up the corners of my mouth and sends me into giggle fits of my own. Going to bask in that feeling that only being with my son can give me. Been missing it something wicked that past few weeks and in about two hours I will be seated beside him, our eyes holding on a conversation that needs no words and no one else can hear...



Not sure if it's the wine or the impending dance of my heart but, feeling so much better already. 
Cheers from Louisville Y'all.

7 comments:

Winey the Elder said...

"Find a place where there is joy and the joy will burn out the pain." Joseph Campbell.

Drink deeply from this joyous time.

Winey

Samantha Dugan said...

Winey,
Campbell was right.

Tonight I will have the pleasure of watching my son on stage, preforming skits, some of which he wrote and then tomorrow afternoon I get to cook a bunch of food for his roommates and friends....can't think of anything much better.
Thanks for checking in on me, warms my heart...

Ron Washam, HMW said...

My Gorgeous Samantha,

I'm guessing your visit is as healing for Jeremy as it is for you, and your presence at his performance very special. Takes courage to go on stage and try to make people laugh--I only rarely had that kind of courage, and I often failed. I'm sure you spent the evening bouncing back and forth between laughter and pride.

I love you!

Samantha Dugan said...

Ron My Love,
I can only hope that Jeremy gets one half out of these visits as I do. Means the world to me to be near him, see him happy, and to stand in his growing shadow knowing that I, in at least some ways, had a part in making such a remarkable young person. Pride is way, way too small a word.

Last night was just watching Louisville kill Notre Dame with he and about 40 other....very excited Cardinal fans, (never been around that kind of team spirit so it was thrilling) but tonight I get to sit in the audience and feel both nervous and proud. Cannot wait.

Thank you for checking in Love, nice to know a couple of you are thinking of me and wishing me well. I love you.

Thomas said...

I see that Jeremy is growing a beard; or is it just the unshaven look?

Have fun, have joy, have at it, Sam.

Sara Louise said...

Yeah!! Happiness time!!

Samantha Dugan said...

Thomas,
He seems to always be in some various stage of hairiness. Afro, beard...but as of this afternoon he was bald-ish with a bit of morning scruff. Much like his path he is not committed to any one look, love that about him, in awe of his courage as it turns out. I'm a lucky woman..

Sara,
No doubt. Was lovely and oh so settling to be near him.