Thursday, January 31, 2013

Gots Me.....

A couple pairs of jeans
Some T-shirts 
One cuddly sweater 
A fistful of underpants and...





Six bottles of home to share with my painfully missed and forever adored best friend Amy in Dallas....Texas. Never in a million years thought I would be this elated to be boarding a plane that will land in the country of Texas but if the shit eating grin, (and yes I'm using it but where the hell does that phrase come from?!) on my face is any indicator, pretty fucking happy right about now. Maybe it's the promise of brisket, honky-tonk, day-drunk in dive bars or byob strip clubs but I have the sinking suspicion that popping these corks, with an amazing woman that loves me for each and every annoying bit that makes me me, might be the cause of the thumping in my heart right now. To share these wines, with her, over a meal or while wiping away, "I miss you so much" tears, and knowing that when the pain of missing her gets to be a little too much, all I need is a corkscrew and one of these bottles to remind me.



 That tiny terror of a girl on the left there and I, only a bottle away from each other...my box of home making it so.      

2 comments:

webb said...

Party hardy, Girl ... and then tell us all about it!

Samantha Dugan said...

Webb,
Well I sort of lost Friday so I'm going to assume that fits the "Hardy" bill. Ugh. On a better path today...wish me luck.