Saturday, September 7, 2013

Because.....

I desperately need.....




To be touched.


Update-

Standing in the terrace section at Verizon Amphitheater, rocking out, as one does, to Dave Matthews, tiny trickle of sweat slithering past my waistband, way-too-expensive "double" gin and tonic being sloshed about as my hips swung to the beat and feet pounded against the hard pavement...couldn't have been happier in that moment, or so I thought...

"You two, come with me" my friend, neighbor and wee boyfriend's mom whom we came to the concert with, giving me her wide-eyed baby blues and demanding that we leave our seats and follow her to....





The orchestra section, about 8 rows back from the stage. It was so close I could see the worn leather on Dave's shoes as he bounced about in time to his own music. Unreal. Our friends upon seeing that no one was sitting, (never do at Dave concerts) opted to stand one in front of the other so I could have that space to melt into my beloved Dave Matthews up close and more personal than he even knows. The moment and the gesture enough to bring tears of absolute gratitude and genuine joy to my eyes, even now. 

To Todd, Lisa and Dave, You have no idea what last night meant. Thank you, from the very bottom of my grateful heart. 

This






To




Touched 

2 comments:

webb said...

Come to Virginia and I promise to take you to HIS winery. Seriously. And, they make good wine - well, we like it!

Samantha Dugan said...

webb,
I was just thinking about you and wanting to visit Virginia. A couple of dear friends are there now and posting all sorts of pictures, made me want to go back, and of course I would be begging you to meet for dinner, at the very least!